Sunday, September 19, 2010

We Looped the Loop

Summer has gone quickly this year.  It really didn't get started until July but then WHAM it was over.  Here is one of the things we did this summer.  An LDS Church history tour.  It was amazing!

Omaha, Nebraska Zoo
Nate's girlfriend storming off after a feud.  What did you do to her Nate?
(This is not church history but it is where we started.)










What was the name of this place?  Molly Moo's.  Fabulous ice cream.
Red Velvet mixed with cake batter.




 
Carthage Jail

The Nauvoo Temple
Nauvoo isn't a place I ever planned to go but now that we have been there I would definitely go back.  It was one of the most peaceful and beautiful places I have been.  We didn't do too much  touring, mostly just resting and taking in the scenery.  Our favorite experience was watching the fireflies on the bank of the Mississippi River.   It was a place that filled our hearts.


We followed the "Trail of Hope" to the Mississippi where waded.  Then found  a pavilion which had the name of our own "Wee Granny" along with all of the others who lost their lives along the trek West.


Adam ondi Ahman was on the top of my
list of favorites.  I hope they call me on a mission there.







This is a statue of Hyrum and Joseph Smith
as they left Nauvoo for Carthage Jail.






We tried to help these pioneers in Nebraska.  We pushed but they didn't budge.  I think they were there to stay.

Fireflies on the Mississippi